What can I expect on my first visit?
Your first visit to Santa Maria Gastroenterology Group will allow us to evaluate your symptoms. As part of that consultation, your gastroenterologist may request additional lab tests, imaging studies, or endoscopic examinations for diagnosis or treatment.
What do I need to bring?
Once you have made an appointment you will be asked to bring completed registration forms. They can be downloaded here and return them at the time of your first visit. This will help expedite the registration process. It is also important that you bring the following items with you:
- Original Insurance card/Referral documents
- Co-Pays are collected at the time of service
- Drivers License
- A list of all medications you are currently taking
- Recent blood work and x-rays ( Such as upper GI series, barium enema, ultrasound, or CT scans of the abdomen or pelvis)
- Copies of past medical records Note: If medical records are to be sent by your referring doctor(s), please call us to verify that we have received them prior to your visit. Lack of these items can result in delays and/or your appointment to be rescheduled.
Prior to Your Procedure
- Stop certain medications such as NSAIDs and blood thinners as directed by your GI Physician’s office. Examples of NSAIDs: Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Aspirin, Excederin, Naproxen and Celebrex.
- Please follow specific prep instructions provided by your GI Physician’s office.
- Please arrange transportation to and from the Santa Maria Digestive Diagnostic Center.
- Any questions or concerns prior to the procedure, please call your GI Physician’s office.
The Day of Your Procedure
Bring the Following Items:
- Insurance Card/Photo I.D
- List of current medication
- Breathing inhalers
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- You may want to bring a sweater or light jacket along with you.
- Wear comfortable and supportive footwear. Avoid heels or flip flops.
- Bring the Name and the phone number of the person who will be taking you home if they are not waiting in the facility. You will not be permitted to leave the center without a driver.
- Do not take your diabetic medication.
- Written discharge instructions will be provided to you following your procedure. These instructions will include information on resuming your diet, medications, activity level and a date for your follow-up appointment with your physician.
- If you have any concerns immediately following your procedure, please call the Santa Maria Digestive Diagnostic Center at (805) 349-2945.